Monday, August 20, 2007From Community Solutions:
The Fourth U.S. Conference on Peak Oil and Community SolutionsFor more information, check the Web site of Community Solutions.
October 26-28, Kelly Hall, Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio
Join us for the world's largest gathering of Peak Oil activists! We bring together top experts in Peak Oil and lifestyle solutions for three days of presentations, workshop sessions, and networking.
Come learn tactics for Peak Oil education and community organizing, strategies for reducing your personal energy use, and participate in visioning a viable post-peak future.
Keynotes: David Korten, author of The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community and When Corporations Rule the World; Dr. Thomas Princen, author of The Logic of Sufficiency; Richard Heinberg, author of The Party's Over and Powerdown
Other Speakers: Linda Wigington, founder, Affordable Comfort Institute; Judy Wicks, co-founder and chair, Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE); Sharon Astyk, author, Depletion and Abundance: The New Home Front, Families and the Coming Ecological Crises; Pat Murphy and Megan Quinn of The Community Solution
At the conference you will:
• Learn new skills and strategies for reducing your personal energy use.
• Discuss ways to help your community plan for the future.
• Hear about viable economic alternatives like sufficiency and localization.
• Discover innovative solutions for food, housing, and transportation.
• Learn the latest information on Peak Oil and climate change and how it will affect our economy and lives.
• Strategize with fellow concerned citizens at the largest gathering of the Peak Oil movement in the country.